- Are designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process
- Provide support and stability to muscles and joints
- Do not restrict the body’s range of motion
- Provide extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting
Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio & Rocktape are safe for all populations and successfully treat a variety of musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions. These taping techniques can be used to address various aspects of your injury by:
- Targeting different receptors within the somatosensory system, KinesioTape & Rocktape alleviate pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin.
- Creating a ripple effect to form convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation of the affected areas.
- Applying the tape accordingly based on the muscles that are at fault, we are able to facilitate, inhibit, or support the tissues involved so the work we do in the clinic can be carried forward onto the field or into the home.
The Difference between KinesioTape & Rocktape:
These two types of tape that we use are incredibly effective, but we do use them in different environments. For athletes who require better adhesion, greater force or athletes who are involved in high-level dynamic activities, we prefer Rocktape simply because of its stronger adhesion capacity and thicker fabric. When treating sensitive conditions such as lower back pain, cervical problems, and other painful conditions we prefer Kinesiotape because of its thinner fabric and lower adhesive capacity.
For more about KinesioTape and Rocktape, visit: